Silo glitch

BlackHeart0369

I searched for a thread on this and havent found anything. For quite some time now I've been noticing a glitch in which the silo will target troops with drastically less HP. The generals and mercs are all high HP units, they are not in the no fire area, they still have plenty of HP left, yet the silo target artillery and mortars. Another scenario with this is the first shot from the silo will go for the artillery and mortars, completely disregarding the full HP generals and mercs. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated as it is extremely frustrating.

BlackHeart0369

In this exact order for this specific attack but slight change when it occurs otherwise which I'll explain.
1 fighters and bombers
2 mercs and all 3 generals
3 arty and mortars

This was a war attack.

When this has occurred to me other times in multiplayer battles I deploy as follows every single time:
1 mercs and all 3 generals
2 arty and mortars

Bubbs

BHG Game Designer
Staff member
I think I can offer a bit of explanation here as this isn't a glitch but an intended design of the Missile Silo. The missile silo checks the map, which is essentially cut up into a grid. The total health of the enemies in each cell is evaluated and the grid with the most health becomes the target for the silo. Cells adjacent to others are also factored in to account for the splash of the missile. There is also a threat level system which checks the threat level of the map, if the threat level is below the threshold, the silo won't fire. In your example, the Mortars and Artillery are seen as more of a threat so the Missile Silo targets them first, meaning there's more total HP in that cell than there is elsewhere. If your Generals or Mercenaries are split up for instance, their total HP won't be added together for the same threat evaluation.

I hope this helps in giving a bit of insight to how the Missile Silo targeting works.

But if something weird is going on we certainly want to take a look at it. Were the generals and mercenaries all bunched up? Was this based on a replay? If you or anyone else notices something like this happening in the future, please try to get a screenshot/recording and share it both in this thread and send a report to our CS Team.

King Crimson

Approved user
In this exact order for this specific attack but slight change when it occurs otherwise which I'll explain.
1 fighters and bombers
2 mercs and all 3 generals
3 arty and mortars

This was a war attack.

When this has occurred to me other times in multiplayer battles I deploy as follows every single time:
1 mercs and all 3 generals
2 arty and mortars

Yeah, as @Bubbs intimated, by the time you deployed your artillery/mortars, the others had probably spread out. But I can see the reasoning for your deployment - I also thought the silo targeted the heavy hitters.

BlackHeart0369

I think I can offer a bit of explanation here as this isn't a glitch but an intended design of the Missile Silo. The missile silo checks the map, which is essentially cut up into a grid. The total health of the enemies in each cell is evaluated and the grid with the most health becomes the target for the silo. Cells adjacent to others are also factored in to account for the splash of the missile. There is also a threat level system which checks the threat level of the map, if the threat level is below the threshold, the silo won't fire. In your example, the Mortars and Artillery are seen as more of a threat so the Missile Silo targets them first, meaning there's more total HP in that cell than there is elsewhere. If your Generals or Mercenaries are split up for instance, their total HP won't be added together for the same threat evaluation.

I hope this helps in giving a bit of insight to how the Missile Silo targeting works.

But if something weird is going on we certainly want to take a look at it. Were the generals and mercenaries all bunched up? Was this based on a replay? If you or anyone else notices something like this happening in the future, please try to get a screenshot/recording and share it both in this thread and send a report to our CS Team.
That may have been possible for the war hit alone, as I do know they got into contact with troops from the stronghold. If they were separated enough and damaged enough they could have had less HP. The mercenaries are 4 Heavy Tank Destroyers with 45,226 HP without all of my war buffs. (Which I use Aztecs lvl 8 and my council helps them out quite a bit too) My 3 generals are all lvl 80, Hannibal Zhukov and Petra. I only deploy groups of 3 Digital age artillery with 8-9 Digital age Mortars. Not including war buffs which are not as near as good HP wise for the artillery and mortars, that entire group comes out to 43,716. So just Hannibal would have to have been damaged 84% of his hitpoints in order for just him alone to not get the attention of the silo. Also, I deploy my AM groups quite spread out.

Now as far as the multiplayer glitches, I can guarantee 100% that what you are talking about is not applicable. As I always do, I deploy the mercs and generals first in one corner of the map, and not right into the thick of things right away. Here is the key part, as I am deploying my first groups artillery, the silo locks on to 3 artillery alone. I haven't thought of getting screenshots of this and as it does not happen all of the time I will have to try and be quick about it.

This is completely off of the topic, but we collectively as an alliance, and more people playing the game, have had constant issues with the Customer Support team on at least one big topic. Seeing as you are a BHG Game Designer, would I by chance be able to bring you to another thread here in the forums? Alliance troop donations are disappearing, and the customer support team does not at all read our data that we give them, let alone our responses to them. It would be greatly appreciated from the entire DomiNations community.

oddin

Approved user

ok this is an excellent topic to discuss as we have experienced this glitch too.
It is a fact that sometimes Missile Silo fires at your main army instead of your heavy units (gens/mercs). For months we have been trying to understand at Greeks reborn why this is happening. The total HP of mercs and gens reaches 1million hp. There is absolutely no way that the main army can reach that high. In addition, I have +49% General HP from the museum which skyrockets their HP even higher. The attack happened as follows:
1. deploy mercs
2. deploy gens
3. deploy rest of army - Missile Silo hits main army --> attack ends in first 15 secs . Note: the troops were being deployed in a straight line (half a base length) and not at a specific spot on the map bunched up. This was talking place once every 5-8 WW attacks.

One player told us that if we deploy in the following order, it won't happen:
1. deploy paratroopers in a corner
2. deploy mercs
3. deploy gens
4. deploy rest of army
and we changed the deployment order and voila!! The glitch with the silo disappeared. This info has been proven from multiple players across endless WW. It's not something we encountered for a couple matches and led us to fast derived conclusions.

Earlier this week, I took my WW attacks with my space age alt and upon finishing laying down my troops, silo hits me and the attack fails. For a few secs, I was wondering why that happened. Then I noticed that I completely forgot to send my transports first somewhere. So, this glitch definitely exists and is reproducible.

I will try to record an attack and upload it.

BlackHeart0369

ok this is an excellent topic to discuss as we have experienced this glitch too.
It is a fact that sometimes Missile Silo fires at your main army instead of your heavy units (gens/mercs). For months we have been trying to understand at Greeks reborn why this is happening. The total HP of mercs and gens reaches 1million hp. There is absolutely no way that the main army can reach that high. In addition, I have +49% General HP from the museum which skyrockets their HP even higher. The attack happened as follows:
1. deploy mercs
2. deploy gens
3. deploy rest of army - Missile Silo hits main army --> attack ends in first 15 secs . Note: the troops were being deployed in a straight line (half a base length) and not at a specific spot on the map bunched up. This was talking place once every 5-8 WW attacks.

2. deploy mercs
3. deploy gens
4. deploy rest of army
and we changed the deployment order and voila!! The glitch with the silo disappeared. This info has been proven from multiple players across endless WW. It's not something we encountered for a couple matches and led us to fast derived conclusions.

Earlier this week, I took my WW attacks with my space age alt and upon finishing laying down my troops, silo hits me and the attack fails. For a few secs, I was wondering why that happened. Then I noticed that I completely forgot to send my transports first somewhere. So, this glitch definitely exists and is reproducible.

That is interesting that the transports stop it from happening guaranteed. I don't use transports at all so looks like I'm SOL.

Harlems369th

BHG Community Manager
Staff member
1. deploy mercs
2. deploy gens

2. deploy mercs
3. deploy gens
4. deploy rest of army

Would like to see it for sure. Appreciate the detail here! Deployment position is also a factor to keep in mind when looking into this too; we have folks looking into the issue and some initial thoughts are that the targeting type of Mercs/Generals might be pulling some units away from the Missile Silo's threat detection.

BlackHeart0369

I know this isn't the greatest of screen shots. It's a multiplayer battle. You can see im only 10 seconds in. (This was a few days ago before the season started) You can see all 4 of my mercs as well as all 3 generals are alive. You can see the mercs and generals are no where near the silo. You can see I just finished deploying my first AM group. This group was 3 artillery, which are still alive, 8 mortars, who are dead, and 2 rifleman who are also dead. You can see the dead symbols next to the artillery. Silo completely ignored full health generals and mercs, HP listed in a previous reply. It instead decided to launch at my AM group killing all but the 3 artillery.
1000011649.jpg

BlackHeart0369

I tried to capture the screen shot with the reticle on the group but wasn't fast enough. As I stated earlier, this doesn't happen every time. But definitely enough to cause an issue.