Replays!!!!

BlackHeart0369

I searched this and found there are quite a few threads on this already. However, seeing that the issue has only continued for at least the past year and a half, I think it's worth bringing up again. I have yet to watch one single replay that is at all accurate as to what actually transpired. The only factor that seems to mess everything up is where the forest defenders spawn from. Could it really be that difficult to make the replay have the exact same spawn point that the battle had? It makes it very difficult to help teach people as well as trying to rearrange a base when all of the replays you watch are not what actually transpired! Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Tomik

Approved user
I find this quite impossible because no more money will flow to them when they fix this... they would rather give us 50 new special offers into store ;)

nobodyknowsthetrouble

Approved user
たとえ最初の試行でリプレイが完璧でなかったとしても、森の守備隊が適切な場所に出現すれば、それは正しい方向への大きな一歩となるでしょう。
その後、再度分析して次の手がかりを提供します ;-)

Seek

Actually I would be happy with just a 100% accurate battle report ones now are just messed up as the replays. Gotta love the 1 stars in replays lol then end up 4 or 5 stars on map and you look at incorrect battle report showing enemy used like 10 TT lol ya can track crowns I spend ya can track everything used in war just saying 😝

Seek

It will never be fixed y’all and the contact a cs is pointless they don’t care or it would have been fixed as all of us have complained since the start just saying lol

Last edited:

Garrett Haines

Approved user
I can understand the need for newer players to see accurate replays but for older players, after years of battles, surely replays are less and less of an issue or a need.
[Edit to original Post]
I was imprecise in my characterization of King Crimson's comment. One of KC's main points was seasoned players have less and less need for replays. That doesn't mean 'no value' as I originally claimed. Please ignore that part of my original post.

I still disagree, but reasonable people do not have to always agree. But I don't get to change the intent of another member's post. I'm sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

[Original line: The argument that replays have no value for long-time players is equal parts ignorant and arrogant. (The argument - not the person advancing the argument. King Crimson has many smart posts. I just disagree with this specific opinion.)]

[New opening sentence:]

I want to counter King Crimson's comments. I've been playing since year one, and I get great benefit from replays.

Here are reasons accurate replays matter to all players.

1. The game is not static. Each and every balance change to patches affects combat, sometimes in drastic ways. Replays, especially defensive battles, reveal changes to pathing, unit performance, and new features. I started this game year one. It's absurd to say things are the same. They're not even the same for a year.
  2. Identifying Cheating - I've been able to submit tickets based upon replays of hackers over-spawning on defense or fielding units with infinite health.
  3. Identifying Bugs - sending replays of irregular game behavior is the only proof of a complaint. For example, how many of you deployed a bomber to a building located at the edge of the map only to watch the bomber circle but not attack? Only replays made them believe us. Other examples are defenders that spawn but remain in place or healing carts that get stuck in one place (not trap-related) while their wounded army marches off.
  4. Optimizing base layout. (This seems obvious).
  5. Hard data spying - in a war situation, you can see where traps are, what units spawned, and how your college may have missed starts. In Triumph events, this is more important as savvy alliances attack bases based upon potential Triumph gains rather than war stars.
  6. Artifact evaluation: Looking at numbers is one thing, but testing artifacts' impacts and reviewing results is valuable.
  7. Better attacks. Everyone knows that it's impossible to see all skirmishes in a war. Rewatching permits focus on different unit encounters and can reveal better drop options, unit blends, or the impact of traps you've never encountered before.
  8. Game Integrity. Users need to have faith and confidence that the games are 'on the level' and be able to cross-check other players' claims and notes.
  9. Provider Confidence - If you're giving your time and or money to a product, isn't it concerning that they are unable to give receipts of what happened? What about wars - when the stars disagree with playback (this is particularly true when a 5-star tally is added, but the replay shows a 1-star or complete defense). Do we really know what is going on?
  10. NEW PLAYERS - new players invariably compare the game to the only one they know - Clash of Clans (CoC). That title has had accurate replay - Heck you can watch in real time! New players will get frustrated if they can't pick up battle mechanics. We need new players to keep war matching fairer, fund development, and avoid the slow death that many titles face. Seriously, would you devote time or money to a game that can't show replays? Or if it does replay, it confusingly replays battles that don't align with the score reported?
  11. Civilization shift - Been playing Britain but want to take advantage of French tanks? Watch battles featuring French attackers. See how other nations' unique troops perform without going through the revolution to another nation.
These are the top of my head.

Last edited:

King Crimson

Approved user
[Edit to original Post]
I was imprecise in my characterization of King Crimson's comment. One of KC's main points was seasoned players have less and less need for replays. That doesn't mean 'no value' as I originally claimed. Please ignore that part of my original post.

I still disagree, but reasonable people do not have to always agree. But I don't get to change the intent of another member's post. I'm sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

[Original line: The argument that replays have no value for long-time players is equal parts ignorant and arrogant. (The argument - not the person advancing the argument. King Crimson has many smart posts. I just disagree with this specific opinion.)]

[New opening sentence:]

I want to counter King Crimson's comments. I've been playing since year one, and I get great benefit from replays.

Here are reasons accurate replays matter to all players.

1. The game is not static. Each and every balance change to patches affects combat, sometimes in drastic ways. Replays, especially defensive battles, reveal changes to pathing, unit performance, and new features. I started this game year one. It's absurd to say things are the same. They're not even the same for a year.
  2. Identifying Cheating - I've been able to submit tickets based upon replays of hackers over-spawning on defense or fielding units with infinite health.
  3. Identifying Bugs - sending replays of irregular game behavior is the only proof of a complaint. For example, how many of you deployed a bomber to a building located at the edge of the map only to watch the bomber circle but not attack? Only replays made them believe us. Other examples are defenders that spawn but remain in place or healing carts that get stuck in one place (not trap-related) while their wounded army marches off.
  4. Optimizing base layout. (This seems obvious).
  5. Hard data spying - in a war situation, you can see where traps are, what units spawned, and how your college may have missed starts. In Triumph events, this is more important as savvy alliances attack bases based upon potential Triumph gains rather than war stars.
  6. Artifact evaluation: Looking at numbers is one thing, but testing artifacts' impacts and reviewing results is valuable.
  7. Better attacks. Everyone knows that it's impossible to see all skirmishes in a war. Rewatching permits focus on different unit encounters and can reveal better drop options, unit blends, or the impact of traps you've never encountered before.
  8. Game Integrity. Users need to have faith and confidence that the games are 'on the level' and be able to cross-check other players' claims and notes.
  9. Provider Confidence - If you're giving your time and or money to a product, isn't it concerning that they are unable to give receipts of what happened? What about wars - when the stars disagree with playback (this is particularly true when a 5-star tally is added, but the replay shows a 1-star or complete defense). Do we really know what is going on?
  10. NEW PLAYERS - new players invariably compare the game to the only one they know - Clash of Clans (CoC). That title has had accurate replay - Heck you can watch in real time! New players will get frustrated if they can't pick up battle mechanics. We need new players to keep war matching fairer, fund development, and avoid the slow death that many titles face. Seriously, would you devote time or money to a game that can't show replays? Or if it does replay, it confusingly replays battles that don't align with the score reported?
  11. Civilization shift - Been playing Britain but want to take advantage of French tanks? Watch battles featuring French attackers. See how other nations' unique troops perform without going through the revolution to another nation.
These are the top of my head.
@Harlems369th this is a great list of reasons why replays need to be accurate.
Well explained @Garrett Haines

ps: there's really only 2 or 3 points that relate to my original comments but I won't nitpick. 😄
pps: I still maintain that older players shouldn't need replays. If you've been playing for 4+ years and still haven't 'figured it out', well then maybe ..... nah, I'll keep that opinion to myself. 😋

Garrett Haines

Approved user
Please reconsider what a lack of accurate replays means. (Please post your ideas. Here is my main point).

The game has a pay-to-play element (which is reasonable, as well as necessary to keep the game in production).

Do you join an event? (As in pay to participate)? Do you buy and use speed-ups to gain points at the event? Many of us do. Did you do that to improve your overall standing and ranking for that event? Great.

But how do you know if the leaderboards are real? Not accurate - REAL

Same with Triumph Events.

It's the same with almost every aspect of the game.

We invest in this game with the expectation of a fair playing field. I'm certain that legal experts could explain why the contract / terms of services / prevailing consumer laws would demand this fundamental principle.

Remember those online bidding sites where you purchased tokens to bid on the auctions? What about the online gambling sites where the platform was trusted to provide legitimate games? Many of them are no longer in operation. Why? They couldn't demonstrate that they were using funds to pit real players against each other and maintain a fair competition.

Incomplete and imprecise replays are an embarrassment. But inaccurate replays? (Your war base shows as being four-starred, but the replay shows the attacker wiping within two minutes with zero stars.) That kind of thing strikes the heart of the entire game. That's just one example.

Ignore the excuse that "the replay doesn't show exactly what happened." In reality, we don't know if the battle in the replay even happened in the first place!

I can't overstate this enough.

Last edited:

Rick Gomez

Please reconsider what a lack of accurate replays means. (Please post your ideas. Here is my main point).

The game has a pay-to-play element (which is reasonable, as well as necessary to keep the game in production).

Do you join an event? (As in pay to participate)? Do you buy and use speed-ups to gain points at the event? Many of us do. Did you do that to improve your overall standing and ranking for that event? Great.

We invest in this game with the expectation of a fair playing field. I'm certain that legal experts could explain why the contract / terms of services / prevailing consumer laws would demand this fundamental principle.

Remember those online bidding sites where you purchased tokens to bid on the auctions? What about the online gambling sites where the platform was trusted to provide legitimate games? Many of them are no longer in operation. Why? They couldn't demonstrate that they were using funds to pit real players against each other and maintain a fair competition.

Incomplete and imprecise replays are an embarrassment. But inaccurate replays? (Your war base shows as being four-starred, but the replay shows the attacker wiping within two minutes with zero stars.) That kind of thing strikes the heart of the entire game. That's just one example.

Ignore the excuse that "the replay doesn't show exactly what happened." In reality, we don't know if the battle in the replay even happened in the first place!

I've been playing for 7 or 8 years! There was a time when replays were more accurate! It's discouraging, we're already dealing with bombing bugs that circle the edge and don't attack! Today I attacked in a war, and the replay doesn't match my performance! shame! How to proceed?

Doc-Sandy-Baggy

I can understand the need for newer players to see accurate replays but for older players, after years of battles, surely replays are less and less of an issue or a need.
As an old user (April 2016), I still use replays in evaluating my own attacks and defences and I still coach other players with replays. Improved accuracy would be very valuable.

Seek

My biggest issue with replays, troop lost report and battle report is Who Really Won cause I can’t trust any of replays or reports.

I have been playing since the game started. Repeatedly report issues Replays always to get same responses it’s a AI problem , it’s troops lost report being tied to Ai Replay, and my favorite one you can trust the battle report . Well I don’t have trust in the battle report. Just show me what exactly hit my base so I can see who really won and what I need to fix if I lost. After 9 years I just want to know what hit me really and was hit legit. Replay video would be great too have but knowing that can’t be fix give 100% Accurate Report stating exactly what hit us. Not just a troop lost report Please and Thank you

Doc-Sandy-Baggy

I searched this and found there are quite a few threads on this already. However, seeing that the issue has only continued for at least the past year and a half, I think it's worth bringing up again. I have yet to watch one single replay that is at all accurate as to what actually transpired. The only factor that seems to mess everything up is where the forest defenders spawn from. Could it really be that difficult to make the replay have the exact same spawn point that the battle had? It makes it very difficult to help teach people as well as trying to rearrange a base when all of the replays you watch are not what actually transpired! Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.
My impression is that several pieces of data are loaded into the AI to start a simulated replay. These include, i think, what troops were placed where / when on the map by the attacker and what tactics were placed where and when. It might be harder for BHG to know where the forest defenders emerged, but I agree that this one fact, if it is available, would probably make a big difference in the accuracy of the rest of the simulation. I hope this change is feasible

King Crimson

Approved user
As an old user (April 2016), I still use replays in evaluating my own attacks and defences and I still coach other players with replays. Improved accuracy would be very valuable.
No-one is saying they're not valuable. Glad you're still getting benefits from them, as flawed as they might be.