Manufactory: resources requirements for Manufactory operation

Sega

Currently, the operation of the manufactory does not require any resources (gold, food, oil), while any other operations require it - construction, research, etc.

In this form, soon everyone (especially those who are unable to somehow extract resources) will equip their troops with the necessary ammunition, and as a result, the value of the advantages of Manufactory ammunition will depreciate.

It is necessary to introduce the consumption of some resources by the Manufactory - gold, food, oil (but, for God's sake, not the citizens - they are already catastrophically lacking, and they are a non-renewable resource), perhaps simply to maintain Manufactory in working state for a while (and then it stops - when resources is done). For example, you can make it necessary to replenish the Manufactory with resources for a daily or longer period of its operation.

Everything is like in real life - where have you seen manufactories, factories producing at least something from “nothing”? The Law of Conservation of Energy - something cannot come from “nothing”! But the most important thing is to prevent the uncontrolled production of ammunition by everyone - not to allow the advantages of the Manufactory to depreciate.

P.S. I understand that to produce ammunition in the Manufactory you need to be able to think at least a little to make it; and it takes time. But it works like a magic pot from a fairy tale - it cooks, and cooks, and cooks porridge on its own - and nothing is required for this.

P.P.S. In the further development of the game, you could organize something like an exchange, a fair for selling/buying ammunition (between players - for resources or even accelerations, which is much more valuable). Someone has manufactured ammunition and can put it up for sale, and someone can buy ammunition there. In general, this is just a flight of fancy...

Last edited:

King Crimson

Approved user
Really??
Think of the Manufactory as a mine over a great big hole in the ground. We ask and mother nature provides. 😊

Seek

Bro really this is not good idea. There people already flipping out cause of the time it take for manufacturing ammo. Why add another step to this and to what purpose I see none but to add time to already confusing and time consuming add on.

Sega

Really??
Think of the Manufactory as a mine over a great big hole in the ground. We ask and mother nature provides. 😊
Something like the Holy Military Temple of modern Ages? :D

Last edited: