Readied Reinforcements - Week Ahead 5/27

King Crimson

Approved user
but it doesn’t stop people from being able to comment when a benefit it lacking based on how needed it is due to the developers intentionally making it extremely hard to do without paying under normal circumstances.
The time to upgrade oil wells was measurably lacking.
Absolutely true - people can always comment on anything - I don't recall saying that people shouldn't make comments. I try to have conversations with people and the only way to encourage that - that I know of - is to comment or reply to them. If people feel rebuked or attacked by my replies that wasn't my intention. I ask questions or make comments to elicit further conversation ... @Lezley
Anyway, I'm not sure what you mean by developers making it extremely hard to do without paying - the game is what it is, we all know this. Personally I don't consider that not paying makes the game 'hard' - I consider paying would make it easier. I guess it depends on your mindset.
And I'm sure the developers get plenty of feedback about how we'd like them to improve the game. At least I hope so.

Because a decade is a long time to play a game without being able to max out.
Why do you need to max out? What's this obsession with maxing? You just need to get to where you're effective or - if you choose to - maxing out if that's where you want to be. I've been attacked by players 30-40 levels below me and their troops 4 or 5 star my base - then I check their base and they've got a stable or two. :ROFLMAO:

King Crimson

Approved user
I see BHG has - hopefully - helped some people with an increase in resource limits.
It's temporary but it's better than nothing. 👍

Hariuk

I guess I have been banging on about it 😄
However, almost everything about this game - and other games - is about choice and not just whether or not you spend money on crowns.
Even after people buy crowns they then choose which upgrades to spend the crowns on: offense vs defense; which troops to focus on; defensive vs economic buildings; whether to upgrade or buy troops/TTs/directives. They choose how often to log in; then war vs mp. Even the buildings of chance have some choice in the mix: eg: do I keep the mediocre defensive artifact or do I sell it and try again? Do I keep that line or reroll?
Am I wrong?
I agree that the cost of upgrades requires buildings to be a certain level (eg: market, mills, refinery, armory ...) but that's literally the game model, yeah? Even then there's a point where the buildings don't need to be maxed - it's the players choice to max them. eg: my Mills/Markets are not maxed but I can still afford my maxed troops.
However a lot of the discussion here has centred around buildings like caravans, farms, oil wells - and these are entirely the player's choice to upgrade and even whether or not to build them. How many bases have you seen with low level farms or caravans or even oils well?? I've seen my fair share in 9yrs.

So when you say It’s not a choice to have to upgrade buildings in order to progress in the game. It’s literally the game model - yes, to some extent and for select buildings and rightly so - it's the game model after all. We all know this - however, not all buildings and not the ones that keep popping up in this discussion.

"the developers are a for-profit company" "They’re quite happy taking your money in exchange for a couple of special events every now and then"
If you admit they're a for-profit company then why shouldn't they take our money for a few special events? They didn't have to give us the instants as I don't recall ever getting them before - but they did give them and people used them, whether they've paid or not. So thx BHG.

Here's food for thought: the buildings that have dominated this thread and we've chosen to discuss for so long don't even need to be built at all, do they ... ?

ps: You mention that you have so many ahead of you but you don't say which buildings you're referring to - the ones you likely need to upgrade or the ones you want to upgrade. May or may not necessarily be the same ...

pps: I don't consider it sticking up for them, I'm making my case, that's all - hopefully with logic and evidence to back it up. Otherwise I'll happily stfu.

ppps: I'm guessing the instants will become a regular thing - given the overwhelming positive response this thread has generated. 😅
To be honest I’m not really following your responses or understanding how they support your points?

It’s not a choice to upgrade those specific buildings because if you want to level up to the maximum possible you have to upgrade everything. And you literally can’t upgrade certain buildings without fully upgraded storage because you can’t store enough resources to match the cost of the buildings?
So no, you don’t have a choice.

Just because you got owned by player much lower than yourself doesn’t mean the gameplay is suited to never upgrading. The whole point of the game is to constantly try to upgrade. So I don’t have an obsession with “maxing out”, I’m literally just playing the game how it was designed?

And I never said the company shouldn’t charge money for stuff. I’m saying that when they offer things for free it’s really the only time they’re supporting the players because everything else is just to make money for themselves. Therefore, when they do offer us bonuses they should do it properly.

So no, I don’t understand why you’re arguing against things that benefit us as players, as were the ones bankrolling the game.

Bottom line it: we deserve bonuses like instant upgrades, but more importantly we deserve for them o be done right so we can actually gain the full benefit of them. Because why else keep playing?

Last edited:

King Crimson

Approved user
"if you want to level up to the maximum possible"
Thanks for making my point.

"you literally can’t upgrade certain buildings without fully upgraded storage"
Nope, not true at all.

"when they offer things for free it’s really the only time they’re supporting the players because everything else is just to make money for themselves"
How dare they try to make a living off their product???

Is this response short enough for you? 😄

Seek

Everything can’t be free or instant.
Storage in this game is perfectly fine. Resources are very easy to fill. Just ask more experienced players how to fill quickly.

Last edited:

King Crimson

Approved user
Everything can’t be free or instant.
Storage in this game is perfectly fine. Resources are very easy to fill. Just ask more experienced players how to fill quickly.
With certain events/discounts, you don't even need your max storage - just need patience. (if you're that way inclined)