Readied Reinforcements - Week Ahead 5/27

Harlems369th

BHG Community Manager
Staff member
DOM_SM_05_27_24_Season8_AshokaPillars.psd.png

Greetings Leaders,

This week we say goodbye to our 9th Anniversary celebration and lead into our next Season! As a special send off for our 9th Anniversary we will feature two instant upgrades every 48 hours. You can also look forward to tons to do with the Ashoka’s Pillars Event, and plenty of rewards from Event and Episode Passes! You’ll find all that and more in the Week Ahead!

Season 8 Preview
Get ready to reinforce the frontlines in Season 8: Readied Reinforcements! You can look forward to increased healing from Supply Carts with a reduction in their attack speed. APCs can have additional troops spawned, but have less hitpoints. Your Catapult towers will also shoot slower but deliver a devastating amount of damage to attackers. Ambush and Armored Ambush Traps will now spawn additional defenders to come to your Town’s aid! Also, the storage capacities of Caravans, Oil Wells and Farms has been increased. Once the Season ends, all extra stored resources will be lost, so be sure to claim often!

New Offensive Strategies!
  • Quick Victory Time +15s
  • Battle Duration -15s
  • Barrage Damage REDACTED
  • Supply Cart Attack Speed -25%
  • Supply Cart Healing +60%
  • Fighter Hitpoints +40%
  • Fighter Damage -20%
  • APC Max Deployment Amount +2
  • APC Hitpoints -15%
New Defensive Strategies!
  • Catapult Damage +60%
  • Catapult Projectile Speed -33%
  • Armored Ambush Trap Defenders Spawned +1
  • Ambush Trap Defenders Spawned +2
Special Unit Bonuses:
  • Alexander Damage +50%
  • Hannibal Damage +50%
  • Genghis Khan Damage +50%
  • Amplification Increased Healing Bonus REDACTED
  • Reinforced Foundations Healing REDACTED
  • APC Army Max Deployment Amount REDACTED
  • APC Army Hitpoints +35%
  • RAH–66 Comanche Hitpoints +65%
  • Livens Flame Projector Hitpoints +25%
  • Siege Elephant Hitpoints REDACTED
  • Elephant Archer Damage REDACTED
  • Elephant Stable Hitpoints REDACTED
Additional Bonuses:
  • Alliance Law Donation Gold Cost -50%
  • Notre Dame Cost Reduction Bonus REDACTED
  • Pentagon Train Time Bonus +100%
  • Oil Well Storage Size +35%
  • Caravan Storage Size +35%
  • Farm Storage Size +35%
The full Season 8 begins on 6/2 with the full reveal of the Season’s benefits, and ends on 8/18!

Season 8: Readied Reinforcements Part 1 5/30 - 6/27
You’ll find that the first Season Pass of the season will be available starting 5/30 and you’ll start to make progress when the season goes live 6/2. The Free tier of this Pass will include various Troop Tactics including Siege Elephant, Captain McConnell, Genghis Khan, and more. The Premium Tier features a focus on the Season Boosted Troop Tactics like the RAH-66 Comanche, a Elephant Stable, and even the new Season 8 Chest. This Season’s Chest will give you chances at the Li Vessel Legendary Artifact, Khan’s Dais, Season Boosted Troop Tactics, and more!

The Global Leaderboard challenge for this pass features the Soul Catcher Legendary Artifact for those that can rank within the top 100!

Episode & Event Passes 5/27 - 6/6

Special Event: 9th Anniversary Grand Finale 5/28 - 6/1
Finish out the final week of our 9th Anniversary with this Special Event Pass! We’ve brought just about the whole nines in this Pass with Legendary Tokens, Crowns, Recruitments, and more!

Event: Plane Assault! 5/30 - 6/6
The Plane Assault Event Pass prepares you for air superiority with FA-18 Hornet, P-51 Redtail, Captain McConnell, and more Plane related Troop Tactics. For Premium Pass holders you can expect B-45 Tornado, F-15 STOL, Recon Plane, and more!

Event: Crown Boost Campaign 5/30 - 6/6
The Crown Boost Campaign returns with Free Premium and Superior Recruitments alongside 100 Crowns to finishing out the tier. Upgrade to the Premium Event Pass for Legendary Recruitments and up to 11,000 Crowns!

Episode 1: D-Day 5/30 - 6/6
The first Episode Pass of Season 8 features Harlem Hellfighters, Night Witch, Sherman Crab Tank Troop Tactics, and more. The Premium Pass includes the Flying Machine Legendary Heat Up Chest with increased odds of picking up the Da Vinci Flying Machine Legendary Artifact. This tier will also have General Eisenhower, Nighthawk, and more Troop Tactics.

Events

Ashoka’s Pillars 5/26 - 6/2
This week is our Ashoka's Pillars Event!

Ashoka was the third Mauryan emperor of India, reigning from 268 to 232 BCE. He greatly expanded the empire, which stretched from present-day Afghanistan in the west to Bangladesh in the east. Ashoka is remembered by the 12 to 15 meter tall pillars that he erected across his empire. These massive pillars were inscribed with his edicts and are among the earliest known sculptural remains from India. Over 2,000 years later several pillars still stand!

Enjoy these discounts for a limited time!

25% off the following building upgrades:
• Farm
• Spike Trap
• Catapult
• Stronghold

33% off the following troop upgrades:
• MRL
• Machine Gun

33% off the following General upgrades:
• Napoleon

33% off the following War Tactic upgrades:
• First Aid

9th Anniversary Instant Building Upgrade
Celebrate our last week of 9th Anniversary with an instant upgrade of different Economy Buildings!

This round, enjoy instant upgrade for:
  • University & Farm 5/26 - 5/27
  • Vault & Mill 5/27 - 5/28
  • Library & Market 5/28 - 5/29
  • Temple & Oil Wells 5/29 - 5/30
  • University & Oil Refinery 5/30 - 5/31
  • Caravan, Farm, Mill, & Market 5/31 - 6/1

Library of Alexandria Event 5/28 - 6/4
The Library of Alexandria Event has begun!

The Great Library of Alexandria was one of the largest and most famous libraries of the Ancient World. The fate of the Great Library has been argued extensively. The main point of contention being whether it survived until the Arab conquest of Alexandria in the 7th century. There is evidence that the destruction of the two libraries, the Royal Library and a daughter library inside the Serapeum, occurred at different times. The Royal Library was victim to Julius Caesar’s involvement in a civil war in Egypt between Cleopatra and her brother Ptolemy XIII. To gain the upper hand over the Ptolemaic forces, Caesar set fire to the enemy fleet in Alexandria. It is believed that the destruction caused by that fire destroyed the Royal Library. The daughter library in the Serapeum, is believed to have survived until near the end of the 4th century. However, once Christianity became the one and only religion acknowledged throughout the empire, an imperial decree was issued sanctioning the demolition of temples in Alexandria. This led to an attack on the Serapeum, resulting in the destruction of the temple and the second library with it.

Enjoy these discounts for a limited time!

Research Point contributions to Alliance Laws require 20% fewer of the following resources
• Food
• Gold

Go to the Parliament building and enjoy this discount to all Alliance Laws for a limited time!

Not in an Alliance? Go to the Alliance Gate to create or join an Alliance so you can enjoy the benefits of Parliament and Alliance Laws today!

Legendary Step-Ups 5/27 - 6/3
This week we’re offering a Guaranteed Step-Up Sale for the Charlamagne Chest. Each step gives you a chest for a chance to obtain the Arm Reliquary of Charlemagne Legendary Artifact. Completing all the steps will get you the Legendary Artifact Guaranteed.

The other step-up we’re offering is the Attack Helicopter Artifact Chest,the steps will give a chest with a chance at the Six-Shooter, Gemini 8 Helmet, and Huey Armament System Legendary Artifacts!

Last edited:

Touchpad Warrior

Approved user
Boosting fighters HP for this season will only lead to more wars where the troops get wiped and fighters slowly clears the base. If anything the season should decrease their HP.

Lezley

Oil wells seem the most neglected (least amount of days given) of the instant upgrades, they are also the hardest to do (maybe I'm just very far behind with them), but at these upgrade costs, this many levels, just 1 day, it's not gonna happen.

King Crimson

Approved user
Oil wells seem the most neglected (least amount of days given) of the instant upgrades, they are also the hardest to do (maybe I'm just very far behind with them), but at these upgrade costs, this many levels, just 1 day, it's not gonna happen.
Oil wells have the same upgrade time as 5 of the 6 listed, so it's not as if they're singling out oil wells.
Even if you upgrade 1 or 2, in the end you'll be further ahead than you were. Some of what you want is better than none at all.

Lezley

Caravan and farm both had an extra 1 day upgrade i think? And they are the only other production buildings with so many upgrades to do.

King Crimson

Approved user
Caravan and farm both had an extra 1 day upgrade i think? And they are the only other production buildings with so many upgrades to do.
Of course they have so many upgrades to do but feel free to not do them - it's entirely your choice.
I'm just trying to point out a positive outlook based on the choices offered but feel free to follow your own ideas - it's entirely your choice.

Last edited:

King Crimson

Approved user
firstly, there are 10 listed (in OP)
secondly, this is a non-representative subset of the overall event. The table summarizes the entire instant upgrade period from 04/01 to 06/01
dayssum(days)# buildings (max)
Library4+4+1+1101
Road3+141
Temple4+4+1+1101
Caravan3+1+158
Archive441
Farm3+1+158
University4+4+1+1101
Mill3+1+155
Vault4+151
Market3+1+155
Oil Wells3+146
Oil Refinery3+141
Based on this, you can build interesting statistics, e.g. the time available per building per level or the resources to be collected per time. In both cases, it is noticeable that the time for Oil Wells is significantly less than for all other buildings. Therefore, it is certainly not wrong to mention that the time for Oil Wells is very short.

That's right, the instant upgrades are a nice boost for buildings that have been neglected by many players. A great event, even if not everyone was able to fully upgrade everything.
Firstly, l was referring to the number of lines - but thx for clarifying.
Secondly, not sure what point you're trying to make other than the fact you like facts. 😄
Lastly, the purpose of my comments was to get players to stop seeing the negatives. But it's good to see you've taken such an interest in dissecting players' posts. 😅
Keep it coming.

Lezley

firstly, there are 10 listed (in OP)
secondly, this is a non-representative subset of the overall event. The table summarizes the entire instant upgrade period from 04/01 to 06/01
dayssum(days)# buildings (max)
Library4+4+1+1101
Road3+141
Temple4+4+1+1101
Caravan3+1+158
Archive441
Farm3+1+158
University4+4+1+1101
Mill3+1+155
Vault4+151
Market3+1+155
Oil Wells3+146
Oil Refinery3+141
Based on this, you can build interesting statistics, e.g. the time available per building per level or the resources to be collected per time. In both cases, it is noticeable that the time for Oil Wells is significantly less than for all other buildings. Therefore, it is certainly not wrong to mention that the time for Oil Wells is very short.

That's right, the instant upgrades are a nice boost for buildings that have been neglected by many players. A great event, even if not everyone was able to fully upgrade everything.
Thanks for working that out so I didn't have to, if u factor in the actual costs of the upgrades too, i think oil wells were severely neglected, as my upgrades were more costly too.

Can't see the point of a feedback forum except to give feedback.

Last edited:

King Crimson

Approved user
There are several points of view that show that Oil Wells came up very short compared to other buildings.
Several points of view based on a lot of calculations? Here's a more basic approach: there's fewer of them than farms or caravans and they have less levels to upgrade. Not rocket science.
Either way, all opinions are valid so it's all good. 😊

King Crimson

Approved user
,as my upgrades were more costly too.
I presume you mean more costly than other buildings. How has the instant upgrades hurt you in this respect?
The cost of upgrades are what they've always been - all the calculations in the world doesn't change that simple fact. But, all of a sudden you're hampered because instant upgrades - the thing you managed to not need before - aren't appearing often enough for your liking? Wtf??
We've all gotten something for nothing and I'm grateful even though l don't need it. I'm looking forward to the day you say something positive - or at least less pessimistic.

But you're right - the forum is for everyone to give their feedback.

Last edited:

King Crimson

Approved user
However, the number of levels only indicates how often you have to tap upgrade. It says nothing about how time-consuming it is to collect the resources.
Then that's up to the individual player to decide how far they want to take it. The instants are there for the benefit of everyone, at all levels. The instants don't discriminate or play favourites.
If someone has neglected their buildings that's their choice, if someone is far enough advanced that their upgrades cost more that's also their choice - either way l don't feel for players that feel more inconvenienced because of choices they've made.

Not exactly sure if you're trying to argue in defence of a players' particular choice - or if you're trying to explain something that's already obvious.

But l am enjoying the discussion 😊

King Crimson

Approved user
Caravans from level 1 to 29 cost around 111 million. So 8 buildings together are about 888 million.
On the other hand, an oil well from level 1 to 18 costs around 250 million. With 6 oil wells, that's 1.5 billion. That's around 69% more and in less time. This means that we had to collect more than twice as much per day when looting for Oil Wells.
This has been like this since day 1 - before instants became a thing.
At least that's what l remember - has something changed that I'm not aware of ... 🤔

Lezley

Thank you for the instant speed up event, it was great fun to have a reason to play more. It would have been nice if it was a bit more balanced with those that had more buildings paired with those that were only one building, so I had a reason to play throughout the whole event.

Back to popping into game occasionally and starring at my full storage again now lol.

Hariuk

Then that's up to the individual player to decide how far they want to take it. The instants are there for the benefit of everyone, at all levels. The instants don't discriminate or play favourites.
If someone has neglected their buildings that's their choice, if someone is far enough advanced that their upgrades cost more that's also their choice - either way l don't feel for players that feel more inconvenienced because of choices they've made.

Not exactly sure if you're trying to argue in defence of a players' particular choice - or if you're trying to explain something that's already obvious.

But l am enjoying the discussion 😊
You keep talking about “choice”. I don’t understand why. It’s not a choice to have to upgrade buildings in order to progress in the game. It’s literally the game model.
If one were to “choose” not to upgrade certain economic buildings they would find themselves literally unable to progress.
Also, this was a special event for the benefit of players but don’t forget the developers are a for-profit company.
The benefit to players were instant upgrades but it’s purely marketing in order to try to get people to need crowns or pay for benefits in order to improve their rate of progression. So I don’t know why you’re sticking up for them so defiantly. They’re quite happy taking your money in exchange for a couple of special events every now and then.
However, having to spend money is a choice. You can play this game for free but you better be sure if you’re buying crowns and bonus packs your game is progressing much quick and smoother than those who don’t, which is fine, but it doesn’t stop people from being able to comment when a benefit it lacking based on how needed it is due to the developers intentionally making it extremely hard to do without paying under normal circumstances.
The time to upgrade oil wells was measurably lacking.
Anyway, I’ve been playing this game for 9 years and the instant upgrades event really highlighted to me how many more I have ahead of me just in order to fully upgraded to the current level without any extra ages they might add on.
I personally hope they do a lot more of these instant upgrade events, but for defensive buildings etc. Because a decade is a long time to play a game without being able to max out.

King Crimson

Approved user
You keep talking about “choice”. I don’t understand why. It’s not a choice to have to upgrade buildings in order to progress in the game. It’s literally the game model.
I guess I have been banging on about it 😄
However, almost everything about this game - and other games - is about choice and not just whether or not you spend money on crowns.
Even after people buy crowns they then choose which upgrades to spend the crowns on: offense vs defense; which troops to focus on; defensive vs economic buildings; whether to upgrade or buy troops/TTs/directives. They choose how often to log in; then war vs mp. Even the buildings of chance have some choice in the mix: eg: do I keep the mediocre defensive artifact or do I sell it and try again? Do I keep that line or reroll?
Am I wrong?
I agree that the cost of upgrades requires buildings to be a certain level (eg: market, mills, refinery, armory ...) but that's literally the game model, yeah? Even then there's a point where the buildings don't need to be maxed - it's the players choice to max them. eg: my Mills/Markets are not maxed but I can still afford my maxed troops.
However a lot of the discussion here has centred around buildings like caravans, farms, oil wells - and these are entirely the player's choice to upgrade and even whether or not to build them. How many bases have you seen with low level farms or caravans or even oils well?? I've seen my fair share in 9yrs.

So when you say It’s not a choice to have to upgrade buildings in order to progress in the game. It’s literally the game model - yes, to some extent and for select buildings and rightly so - it's the game model after all. We all know this - however, not all buildings and not the ones that keep popping up in this discussion.

"the developers are a for-profit company" "They’re quite happy taking your money in exchange for a couple of special events every now and then"
If you admit they're a for-profit company then why shouldn't they take our money for a few special events? They didn't have to give us the instants as I don't recall ever getting them before - but they did give them and people used them, whether they've paid or not. So thx BHG.

Here's food for thought: the buildings that have dominated this thread and we've chosen to discuss for so long don't even need to be built at all, do they ... ?

ps: You mention that you have so many ahead of you but you don't say which buildings you're referring to - the ones you likely need to upgrade or the ones you want to upgrade. May or may not necessarily be the same ...

pps: I don't consider it sticking up for them, I'm making my case, that's all - hopefully with logic and evidence to back it up. Otherwise I'll happily stfu.

ppps: I'm guessing the instants will become a regular thing - given the overwhelming positive response this thread has generated. 😅

Last edited: