Donut Base for Iron Age - Resource Defence

TheRealJT

Approved user
I had read a post on here about Donut Bases for higher ages, so developed one for the Iron Age for those just starting out (like myself!)

http://imgur.com/PFypCum

I centralised the Catapult as it seems to be the most effective defense to have in the centre at this stage, and placed the other defenses / resources around it. Town Centre on the outside as I'm not bothered about medals at the moment so people can come and take medals and leave without touching the loot. The roads cover most of the buildings through gates and theres enough gates around the exterior wall for Garrison troops to get out if they need to.

Let me know what you all think!

JT

woolybugger

Banned
Hey, you've improved on the base a whole bunch since the last time I saw it!
Very neat symmetrical layout and very difficult to defeat it 100%.

One thing I noticed is that you have your mills and market at the 4 corners.
Someone can land 5 archers at each corner and snipe away untouched (over the walls) at those resource buildings,
stealing all your resources without triggering a single defense.
Perhaps pack them closer to the middle, or move the defenses.

TheRealJT

Approved user
Hi Wooly

Yea I've been working hard at it, just started my builders on advancing to the next age. Surprisingly no one has even attempted to raid my base since I changed to this layout, even when I've had plenty of loot to take. I might swap the resources and archer towers around if I get any problems though (so archers on corners, resources in middles)

Thanks for the feedback :)

woolybugger

Banned
You could be lucky that at 308 medals, people have not figured out that strategy yet.
But I do go around sniping just for resources because I don't mind losing medals.
Yes, swapping with towers is an easy fix.

I would be interested to see your layout for classical when you get there.
There are lots of good examples on this forum.