No announcement yet.

NTG Discussion: How to solve the NTG problem once and for all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bjorn was only used for 9 of 27 attacks. On that account (2nd account) I only purchased the houses and estate for extra citizens. No crown purchases and no speedup purchases. The Bjorn L25 is from free crowns and waiting for 5 manuals for 1000 crowns in the VIP store. I think I did purchase something small extra just to clear the L3 VIP status for the instant VIP retrain but that is all I spent on that account.

Comment

Originally posted by theBobNamedDan View Post
      …This is a summary of attacks…
      Bjorn does 100% of the time earn extra NTG for the nation attacked and is NOT random
      Well, everything has already been decided! Just pay for Bjorn :-)

Comment

Originally posted by theBobNamedDan View Post
        Bjorn was only used for 9 of 27 attacks. On that account (2nd account) I only purchased the houses and estate for extra citizens. No crown purchases and no speedup purchases. The Bjorn L25 is from free crowns and waiting for 5 manuals for 1000 crowns in the VIP store. I think I did purchase something small extra just to clear the L3 VIP status for the instant VIP retrain but that is all I spent on that account.
        Getting Bjorn to level 25 takes at least 30-40 manuals. At that point he has somewhere around a 20% chance to get extra NTGs at all, even if we pretended your whopping sample size of 9 attacks was statistically significant. In most battles he stands next to a tower chopping at a farm, and dies. This is what you suggest players spend thousands of slowly-earned free crowns for, in response to a problem caused and worsened by the developers. Got it. Next, please.

If gaining NTGs isn't an issue for you, great. Wonderful. Glad you're getting what you need without frustration. Sincerely. I have to wonder then, why you're here arguing against people whose experience has clearly been different? If you're doing fine, then go play the game, and let the people who are not having the same positive experience discuss it. Either they will keep it this way, in which case you're fine, or they will listen and make NTGs drop more reliably, in which case you're also fine. So why do you care?
        Last edited by Zaxillaxifrage; 01-14-2022, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Dracula3811
          Dracula3811 commented
          Editing a comment
          You obviously aren't using bjorn correctly. You don't drop him in a corner on a farm. You drop him behind your army after most of the defenses are gone. That way he doesn't trigger any traps. Fyi, bjorn doesn't need to actually destroy anything. He just needs to be on the map to earn the ntgs. I use this method and get the ntgs i want regularly. The new system means it takes longer because I'm only getting 3 of that nation instead of 7.

• King Crimson
          King Crimson commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't have a need for coalitions but if l understand the comments correctly, theBobNamedDan is saying that before you had to attack specific nations to grind the ntgs you needed. Now, you just need to raid normally, without the need for nexting, and you'll end up with a good amount of all ntgs. (Especially with the help of Bjorn)
          At least , that's how l understand the conversation.
          Last edited by King Crimson; 01-16-2022, 03:11 PM.

Hey all, we have been making sure this feedback is relayed to the team. For clearer tracking purposes, we've put together a short survey, please take a moment to fill it out here https://forms.gle/UsuNFDu47oFAicGY9

Comment

Leviathan

one of the underlying issues is that we are trying to purchase the same coalitions for multiple wars in a week. I war 3x per week and it does impact one or 2 NTGs more than others.

taking a hint from the peace treaty debacle, what if the NTGs required for coalitions change every 48 hrs? This would make it so that the same specific NTG was not needed for consecutive wars if using the same coalitions. Might this be a quick fix or at least a patch while we keep working on the issue?

Comment

• King Crimson
            King Crimson commented
            Editing a comment
            While l think this idea has merit it's really the players' decision to choose the same coalitions repeatedly. I don't think the Devs can be held accountable for that.

• wrathchild_78
            wrathchild_78 commented
            Editing a comment
            that is not a bad idea actually!! and easy!

• Zaxillaxifrage
            Zaxillaxifrage commented
            Editing a comment
            That could be a helpful short term improvement. Ultimately I think they need to unhitch coalitions from specific player nations. Just have all attacks grant the same generic coalition currency which can then be spent on any coalitions the player wants to recruit. If players are still only choosing three or four particular coalitions, that's a balancing issue with the coalitions themselves, and has nothing to do with the mechanism for paying for them.

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
        X