test

Announcement

Collapse

Bookmark the new forum URL!

Reminder! We have changed the URL of the DomiNations forums to https://forums.bighugegames.com/ Be sure to update your browser's bookmarks today!
See more
See less

War Matchmaking Iteration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BHG_Muet
    started a topic War Matchmaking Iteration

War Matchmaking Iteration

Hey all,

We've been looking at the pain points discussed here over the last several months for high-end Alliances and match quality. After reviewing a lot of wars and auditing queue health, we've decided to move forward with an iteration to the queue that considerably extends the wait time before reducing the potential match quality. This change went live today and we're keeping an eye on its performance.

What impact will this have?:
    • Increased time to find an opponent. This update has greatly extended the wait time before the matchmaking system starts making large trade-offs in match quality. As a result, you may notice longer wait times to find an opposing Alliance as the system slowly extends its search.
    • Higher quality matches. We do understand the impact a poor match can have in DomiNations (given how long wars last, among other pain points) and are hoping this change will result in better matches for more Alliances. We're not expecting much of a change for mid-tier Alliances (match quality there was already pretty good after the system overhaul). But, the extra wait time should allow the smaller pool of top-end Alliances to better find each other instead of punching below their weight class.
    This of course doesn't mean that all war matches will be perfect moving forward. But, you should hopefully see an improvement in your opponents in exchange for waiting a little longer in queue. As always, keep your feedback coming and let me know what you think of your upcoming wars.

Thanks!
    Muet

• Terra
    replied
    Abysmal matchups for awhile, we just lost in a ten player bout: They almost all DA with of course a low sandbag, us an even range of ages with 2 of any same. We feel that by including ouR lowers (for inclusivity), system views these as purposeful sandbags. Well we don’t have 9 DA to counterbalance that typical trick, just real players.
    I remember couple years ago the idea was floated to just match on top half. Sounds more realistic to us!

Leave a comment:

• Rachel
    replied
    War matchups are still a joke

Leave a comment:

• LordStark263AC
    replied
    BHG_Muet

It's been a while since you addressed anything or anyone on this forum.

You might wanna pop on to forum before any Twitch stream. I know you guys become active just before you roll out new updates. That's not good enough. We need you to communicate with us at least once a week. It's been months!!!! 😡😡 And I normally go out of my way to defend you Big Joe.... What happened big guy? You working from home, plenty of time to come on here and address something or someone. 😡😡

Leave a comment:

• Kanechoigo
    commented on 's reply
    WW became horrible after he came. He should get fired immediately

• wrathchild_78
    commented on 's reply
    i really dont know. its been sometime since we last saw him

• boomboomboom
    replied
    Does Muet still work for BHG? He is awol for a long time now, this being a top priority to fix is no more....

Leave a comment:

• LordStark263AC
    replied
    Originally posted by wrathchild_78 View Post
    if we win, we gain just a small amount. if we lose, it is a catastrophe! Huge amount is deducted from us
    This part is very annoying.

Leave a comment:

• wrathchild_78
    replied
    Enough is enough! We had a series of mismatches the last 2 months that has really crippled us.
    We were ranked 36 on the leaderboard and now 71! Your algorithm is not working as it should be.
    I dont know if you changed any parameter but this is geting out of hand now. Our alliance Greek Myrmidons is fighting lost wars the one after the other.

vs DutchWarlords2 - 10 DA
    vs Angry Crooks - 8 DA + 4 SA
    vs Bulgaria New - matched twice!! 7 DA + 3 SA
    vs HunELITE Combat - 4 DA + 2 SA The 2 first DAs are 340-360 level with max uni. Impossible to beat them.
    vs Estonia 0SH - we lost again. Massive difference between us and them in ages and levels.
    vs Dutch Warlords2 - again the same
    vs Crazy russians - Massive difference between us and them in ages and levels.
    vs Кочевники - Massive difference between us and them in ages and levels.
    vs serbian empire3 - Massive difference between us and them in ages and levels.

every single war we fight is a mismatch against us. And the glory is always like this:
    if we win, we gain just a small amount. if we lose, it is a catastrophe! Huge amount is deducted from us!

We are stopping all war activities until we get an honest answer as to why this is happening.

Leave a comment:

• Boldy
    replied
    War matchmaking has gone horrible - we are often getting matches where we have ranked Odds on favourite - this last war, for example, we are 5:1 in favour of winning. Lol - one big fat LOL. 20 ppl war and 10 of our guys are under Atomic age, all active, none sandbags. We have zero Digital age and only 2 space age. The enemy has 5 digital, 8 space-age, 2 cold war, the other 5 atomic and global. As an example, our #8 player, is Atomic age Lvl 212 V's enemy #8 Digital age at Lvl 273. The odds are, we win = we get 119 points, we lose = we lose 521 points. This is not the only war like this lately. After this war, I'm opting out of wars - what a sheer waste of time

Leave a comment:

• Ramesses the Great
    replied
    We're having a similar experience to wrathchild_78. First time ever our team of 2DA matches against 8DA (a top 20 team, who we reported and "2 cheaters were found").

Our whole premise is that we stay low weight and no heavy defensive bases, so not fun when we keep matching much heavier top. We've had 3 wars in a row where we were disadvantaged in levels/defense/offense. Current one, enemy's top 2 are 30 levels higher than our top 2 with 3 lvl 80 gens each.

All searches are well under 2h.

We tried to contact CS to provide feedback, but I doubt CS did much.

Leave a comment:

• Uhuru
    replied
    Most of these teams are scammers. Many of these DA 300+ with max gens/univer/museum.. were created a half or a couple of years ago no more, And boosted by the hacked speed-ups. First we need to clear WW of these cheaters!

Example from the current WW: this acc DA 334 was created in Aug 2019

Leave a comment:

• wrathchild_78
    replied
    more mismatches.... I would like to know as to why we get matched against such teams...

vs DutchWarlords2 - 10 DA
    vs Angry Crooks - 9 DA + 2 SA
    vs Bulgaria New - matched twice!! 7 DA + 3 SA

in all WWs, we had only had 1 DA and 3 SA.... This is unacceptable
    Last edited by wrathchild_78; 04-08-2020, 07:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Spaceboy
    replied
    The unfair matches are beginning to annoy our members again..the last months are horrible..way too high bases..I am no 4 of 10 and the game proposes me no 8

of course, we loose more points than we can win..horrible and not fun...

do something please!

Leave a comment:

• LordStark263AC
    replied
    A really bad match up for our opponents. Wars like this shouldn't happened.

Us:

3 Digital Age
    3 Space Age
    3 CWA
    3 Atomic Age
    2 Global Age
    2 Industrial Age
    2 Enlightenment Age
    2 Gunpowder Age
    3 Medieval Age
    2 Classical Age
    3 Iron Age

Them:

4 CWA
    10 Atomic Age
    7 Global Age
    8 Industrial Age
    1 Enlightenment Age

We on 19.500 Glory, they have 13.000.

We got 15 Glory. 🙄
    Both alliances wasted 2 days of their precious lives.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
X